Wednesday 8 January 2014

WIP's, 2014 Finishalong & Goodies

I thought, well my kids suggested.. That taking part in a weekly WIP link up and a year finishalong could do much to keep the mojo flowing throughout the year, since moving to the middle of nowhere some years back I no longer have my circle of quilty/stitchy/coffee & giggles friends to discuss and share projects with so sewing has become a bit of a lonely experience, hence the blog. 
So without further ado.. My first WIP wed link up..
Whats doing this week, on the quilting front 
Good night Irene is taking shape
I've settled on making this one twin size esp as its already under threat of being willfully removed by my son on his next visit.
Evening stitcheries are about to resume with a whole bundle of yuletide related designs lined up and ready to go
And
a new travelling notions bag after a neighbours young puppy put an end to my old one during a visit.

So this will be linked up over at Freshly Pieced & I shall enjoy browsing through and looking at what everyone else has linked up.

Now to Finishing for 2014, so I did my duty and gathered together everything that has so far become a definate for this year.

Log cabin christmas quilt


Nautical themed, just need to finish drafting the foundation papers for mariners compass blocks.

Irish Linen pillowcases, I have a stack of these which are going to be turned into hand towels for the bathrooms.


Upcycle vintage table linen & embroidery into cushion/pillow covers for the lounge.

Square within a square toddler quilt

Another toddler quilt

Lace trimmed tree dec's for christmas

This vintage hankie case + hankies are going to be an upcycle project for ME ! The case is going to stay as a case but will be taken apart, lined, repairs made, the monogram unpicked and changed for an A.

Vintage table linen = upcycled into pillow/cushion covers.

I'll link this list up tomorrow when the linky goes live over at the 2014 finishalong

Other news today... The fabric for the lounge blinds has arrived !!

  Discovered on ebay & cheap as chips, ultra soft linen/cotton blend, it will be roman blinds with a bottom edging of vintage pin lace.

And, much to my husbands relief, I have finally got around to starting to replace worn out cutting rules with new ones, no more slipping rulers and trying to figure out where the measurements should be.
The worn out 12" square has been consigned to the * turn it into templates* box & the new 12" square came accompanied by a 6", 3" and a super handy 2.5" x 36".. 










7 comments:

  1. Loving your blocks and well done for joining the WIP Wed and Finish A Long linky parties. You will enjoy them! Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do find that being part of the WIP Wednesday motivates me to post every few Wednesdays! I hope it helps you keep your mojo flowing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're going to be nice & busy in the coming months! Lovely projects, all of them, but have to say I'm partial to the bits that are becoming your new travelling notions bag. That is really beautiful. I'm looking forward to seeing all of them finished!

    http://www.busyneedle.ch

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very good list, looking forward to seeing your upcycled/re-purposed vintage linen and lace finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your vintage linen collection is gorgeous. Looking forward to finishing along with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well that should keep you busy for a while! Good luck :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's lots to do on this list. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete