Wednesday 1 January 2014

First Footing with Dear Jane

As is tradition in these here parts, mom & I both spent new years eve in prep for starting a new quilt on the arrival of the new year, this year I decided to be very diligent with myself and confined my fabric pulling to the depths of the scrap box only... After all, self imposed rule.. a dent in the scrap box allows the perusal of new fabrics..  So after much digging around, ironing & cutting, my pile was gathered together & consisted of the left over pieces of all of my favourite fabrics which I had used in my Dear Jane quilt over the previous 6yrs. Oh how I loved those cival war prints. After much playing around and thinking I decided to try and avoid the obviously scrappy look such a mix of fabrics would give and chose to do a single irish chain based on colour values, dark centre to light edges, and so, on new years morning I started sewing and by mid afternoon I was arranging blocks upon the design wall.


First Footing with Dear Jane was born and I think she is destined to become a firm favourite. 

No comments:

Post a Comment