Tuesday 7 January 2014

Feeling a little bit better today

Which I'm really pleased about after the previous few days, no more running a temp or aching from the inside out, ventured out for a wee walk today & felt refreshed with the gale forced influx of crisp winter air.

On the sewing side... Wonky blocks is pieced
It wants an equally funky border finish I think.. 

And I pieced up a few more blocks for Goodnight Irene 
10 of the multi patch 

And got a start on the stitch and flip X blocks 

In the afternoon I started packing up the lounge to make ready for the upcoming new stud walls & painting, once I'd done what I could I retreated back to the sewing machine to get myself thinking about curtains, pulled out the fabric for the lounge curtains

And fell in love with it all over again
Bought 15mtrs of this years ago when a very posh fabric store was having a close out sale, its a raw silk & linen blend, to say it feels opulent is to understate it, every time I look at this fabric I just want to caccoon myself within it. Because these are going to be interlined & weighted full length curtains I will be handsewing throughout. These fabrics are what caused me to fall in love with sewing & fabrics in general, when I was a wee small lassie, my father took me to visit Castle and National Trust properties & I was forever more interested in the curtaining and linens than anything else on view, then at Crathes Castle, one of the housekeepers caught me gazing at some fantasitic silk brocade drapes &  came over and encouraged me to touch and look, the hand the fabric had took my breath away and the hand stitching just amazed me, now I make such curtaining for people and occassionally myself. 

I'm having to force myself to think of the bathrooms too, I don't want to think about the bathrooms because when I do all I see is the mess involved in putting in new suites & a new shower unti + shower, but I did push myself there for a mighty half a hr, long enough to ramble around ebay and pick up some irish linen huckaback towels. 







2 comments:

  1. Your wonky blocks look great! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and your kind words about the baby quilt! I couldn't reply to your comment though as you're a no-reply blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Terry, I think I've managed to fix the no reply issue.


    Abigail.

    ReplyDelete