Friday 3 January 2014

New year New goals ?

It seems it goes part and parcel with the incoming of the a fresh new year that we fabriholics view our shelves/tubs/boxes/drawers with fresh eyes and unlesh the resulting tidal surge of project ideas...  There is no imunity to such even in the wilds of the remote scottish highlands.

Now that First Footing Dear Jane is completed and awaiting her journey to the city to take a turn on the gammil..


I find myself with the mad urge to do another Irish Chain.. this time with 3in blocks on a cream background..
The hard part is the colour decission
Do we go with Pinks through maroons..
Or do we go with lilacs through to deep purple
I am not the only one struck by colour & small block urges.. 
My youngest would like a runner for her dressing table in these fabrics on white
All sorts of magic can happen when you unleash the creativity of a teenager upon your scrap boxes.

On the plus side... The results of my christmas eve treat shopping have started to arrive now that we have some sort of a postal system yet again..
Both my girls screamed with delight when we unwrapped these from their tissue & ribbon casing & already there has been multiple requests for journal covers, stationery keeps, baskets etc. 

I have, above all else decided this year I will for once make the effort to make sure I make a few things for myself, specifically for the sewing room, I could do with a rail of handy fabric baskets & other likewise handy pockets for storing scissors, rulers, chalk pencils, rotary cutters etc handy within arms reach of the sewing machines & cutting table. So I'm already doodling up a few designs which heavily involve my favourite textiles..
Heavenly french & irish linens, refreshingly quaint subtle linen/cotton prints and pulling from my vast collection of fine fine cotton lawn hankerchiefs as surface embellishments, about time I started to use these, after 25yrs of collecting old lawn hankerchiefs & such I have an entire double wardrobe dedicated to their storage.





No comments:

Post a Comment