Monday 6 January 2014

The sublime indulgence of a day just sewing

A guilty pleasure.. Apart from the washing up & feeding the outside animals, I ignored all things housework/laundry/chores today in the hope of helping this old body feel better by taking it easy all day. The fever has gone but i'm now left feeling like a washed out dishcloth. 

So, today was spent cutting fabrics for 2 of the Good Night Irene quilts in the sewalong I'm taking part in, one I am attempting to create a more masculine feeling in by having a black background & strong fabric choices 
The other still with a black background but in softer shades of floral fabrics
And I worked up the first 7 blocks of the man quilt 

I also cut out another quilt with black background which will be pretty funky when finished
The blocks before the final trim look like this
however, on the final trim you turn each one slightly more than the one before so when set into a quilt they are all slightly off kitter & randomly fun & funky looking, its also a lovely quilt to put together, the sewing has a nice easy flow to it. 

Cutting out 3 more quilts brought me to a the realisation that I have seriously burnt stash these past few weeks..
Yet another empty stash basket ! Woohoo, I rekon I can now shop guilt free when I head to my fav quilt store to quilt out completed quilts. 

On the shopping front, more of our christmas treats have arrived at last
The scandanavian fabric will be turned into tree decorations for next christmas.
And the arrival of some wonderful wool felts for applique work








No comments:

Post a Comment