Saturday 25 January 2014

A little sidestep

Into an ugly fabric challenge !
So, my mother call's me up the other week telling me she's entered me into an ugly fabric challenge with our fav LQS. 
Ok..
I'm always up for a challenge.. So I patiently wait for the fabric to arrive & start to remember some of the other uglies I've entered.. Ohh boy, those Uglies sure were ugly, so as the postman appears in  the drive with package in hand it is with a certain amount of dread that I open it.

HA I need not have been so worried

Ok, so it was a bit of an odd choice
But it wasn't *Ugly* My 11yr old loved it. 

So... some hrs later I decided it wanted to be used in a pillow.
so here's my front.

And my back

I'll have to wait a few days before I can quilt it, my walking foot, my dearest friend of many years decided it had taken its final step the other day, so having ordered a new one I now impatiently await its arrival.

The weather has improved none at all, last night we had F10 gales gusting to F11/12, or violent storm force winds to those not familure with the beaufort scale and tomorrow we are dreading the arrival of expected hurricane force winds.



2 comments:

  1. That is beautiful, not ugly at all. You've made it shine with all the points and I love the back too. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice pillow that you made with not so ugly fabric!

    ReplyDelete