Saturday 4 January 2014

Don't you just love

A slow weekend.  Lazy lazy Saterday, altough I was up pretty early (6am) I set myself to having a relaxing day since this flu bug currently doing the rounds within the household seems to have decided I am to be the next victim, thankfully hubby is on the mend so I no longer have he with man flu to regulary throw ibuprofen and paracetamol at while we attempted to rein in his temp.

So, coffee in hand & still clad in Pjs, I set to having a wee tidy up within the work room, brushed away all the thread ends and fabric chips from the floor, then gathered up the remaining 9 patch blocks from First footing Dear Jane and decided to set some of them into a double bed sized quilt, and since it would need sashing as there wasn't enough white blocks left over to form an outside border.. the sashing had to come from the *been around a while* box of fabrics. So a few hrs later this is what we had.


The girls then came in helped finish the tractor quilt for our grandson who is just mad keen on all things tractor/sheep/farm animals.

Very little sewing time tomorrow, we have dinner guests so much of my time will be spent kitchen side, but I do hope to manage a few small sessions at the cutting table to continue cutting out the next quilt ready for a monday am start.


No comments:

Post a Comment